The Last Post – Small grant support is available to community groups across the UK to mark the First World War centenary this November27 / 08 / 2014
Small grant support is available to community groups across the UK to mark the First World War centenary this November
From 4-18 November of this year, communities around the UK are being invited to join in a mass participation project to remember the impact the First World War had on their local community, by playing music from the era in an act of commemoration.
Delivered by Superact, the South West based CIC behind the Bandstand Marathon and Our Big Gig events, an array of free resources are being offered to participating groups, including:
- a song book of pieces from 1914
- resources to assist in researching local history
- tools and training events to assist with the organisation of a free community event
- expenses from £50 to £200 to assist in the organisation of events
All forms of community groups are welcome to be part of The Last Post project including community music groups, schools and scout groups, history associations and hospitals, churches, families and friends.
How to get involved?
After you have read the tool kit and are ready to register your event, complete the full Last Post Fortnight Registration Form, which you will be forwarded a link for following initial registration
Finally, start planning your Last Post event, by:
- Getting together others in your community
- Research your local First World War heritage
- Host an event to share your heritage during Last Post fortnight
Visit www.thelastpostproject.org.uk for full information and to register your event. The deadline for funding applications is September 30.